Monday, April 06, 2009

Lighter Baked Rice Pudding (2009.13)

Well, for being week 13 - this recipe wasn't much to talk (or write, or eat) about...
BHG's Family Favorites Made Lighter may be a great cookbook to some, but the recipe I chose to make out of it left me wanting to throw it in the garbage.
The only thing good about this recipe was the vanilla flavor.
The bad: eating rubbery egg whites.
Oh, and I liked it because I put cool whip on the top - only ate that, threw the rest away.

3 egg whites
1 egg
1 1/2 cup skim milk (I used 2% organic)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla (good vanilla)
2/3 cup cooked rice
2 T raisins
ground cinnamon on top

Mix together - add rice and raisins. Cook at 350 in a 1.5 qt casserole inside a water bath for 40-50 minutes, stirring once, or until set.
Glad I have better rice pudding recipes than this one.
180 calories

No comments: