Monday, April 06, 2009

Spring Sugar Cookies










Well, spring was here in Louisville this wknd. Unfortunately - it went away. But, these cookies are so darn cute. No more rolling out sugar cookies. These are so much easier. I need to find them for every season. My mom and I found this pan at Joann's then I went back and bought it on her request. She is going to use them for a women's tea they are having at her church. I think they are adorable. And a friend of mine said they were yummy!


2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp good vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all. Press into greased pan 2/3 full. You don't need as much in each one as you think. Cook for 9-10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, flip over, and knock on the bottom of the pan (no one will answer) and the cookies will come out. If they don't, just pry them out gently with your finger or the tine of a fork.
Frost with BC decorator icing. I so need to take a class on cookie decorating!







No comments: