Monday, April 06, 2009

Orange Ricotta Cupcakes

Ricotta cheese usually goes in lasagna or other Italian foods - not cupcakes. I was a bit skeptical - but I had some in my fridge, so I went for it. Good choice! These were light, fluffy, and citrusy - even if its really cold outside! :) I check food blogs - and got this one from www.sweetnicks.com - good yummy stuff!
These are mainly for the 5th and Broadway team here at Southern because they are a great group and get things done when I need them - and for two birthdays in that office. And Jenny will get one because she thought they sounded good on the blog - and she's pregnant. I don't think cupcakes hurt pregnant women too much. And Courtney is coming over for tea tomorrow night - and I think these will be perfect.

1 vanilla cake mix
1 cup oj (I used Tropicana some pulp)
2/3 cup ricotta cheese (lower fat)
1/3 cup orange marmalade
1/3 cup canola oil
4 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp orange zest (again, my zester comes in handy!)

Mix all together
Preheat oven to 350 - line with cupcake liners. Fill 2/3 full - I got 23. Cook for 18-22 minutes till done.

Frosting:
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 T orange marmalade
1 1/2 tsp orange zest
2 1/2-2 3/4 cup 10x sugar
2-3 T oj

Mix and frost cooled cupcakes

No comments: