Tuesday, December 01, 2009

12 Days of Christmas Baking - Day 2 - No-Bakes

This post is brought to by January 4. Why? Because that is the birthday that this girl and I share. We met when I was the dorm manager for the girls' dorm on Southeastern Seminary's campus. Man, that was many years ago.
Recently - she shared this with me on facebook. And, no, its not a baked goodies - but its a yummy, no-bake winner!
I'll let her tell you:
When I was young, I was known for burning everything in the kitchen. I thought you were supposed to scrape off the black on toast! My mom taught me this recipe and it was a perfect fit for me, since it wasn't really something I could burn in the oven!

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cup oats (I use quick oats)
Bring first five ingredients to a boil. Boil between 1 min. and 1 min 20 secs. (if you boil too long, they will be too crumbly and won't stick, if you don't boil long enough, they will be too runny and will never harden)
After that, remove from heat and pour over other two ingredients.
Drop into cookie-size globs. If it seems too runny (didn't boil long enough) you can add more oats to help it harden. ENJOY!

You can find these on almost any Christmas dessert table. So, why not whip up a batch tonight - saves electricity from turning on the oven!

1 comment:

Aarica said...

These are some of my favorite cookies!!! They are soooo good!!!!