Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Honey Cranberry-Pecan Cornbread (Quick Bread)




I've tried a couple new recipes these week: one turned out good, one was trash worthy. You win some you lose some. Joy the Baker definitely has some winners on her site - you can't go wrong with any of the ones (that I've tried).
Cornmeal with fruit is an acquired taste. I tend to like it - some of my family doesn't. So, maybe they will like this one tomorrow.
1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup cornmeal (or stone ground corn)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
1/2-3/4 cup chopped pecans (I changed it to pecan from walnuts because that is what I had)

Combine dry. Mix wet together. Combine. Fold in berries and nuts. Spray 4 smaller loaf pans (or 2 large). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until done (for smaller pans).

I like the texture - and these would be great warmed up for breakfast with a little bit of maple syrup drizzled on top!

No comments: