Friday, December 25, 2009

Homemade Cocoa Vanilla Frappacino




My sister in law and I basically had the kitchen to ourselves this morning as we cooked away for the noon Christmas meal. And on top of that, I am trying to get more into coffee. It is growing on me. And one of these girlie drinks are definitely more affordable at home than even at my favorite place, Caribou.
We used a Christmas present that I received at the office, my brother's French Press, and Mom's magic bullet.
This recipe makes one, so we doubled it.

½ c. milk (we used 2%)
1/3 c. strong coffee (Christopher Bean Organic coffee, french press style)
2 T. sugar (or 3 Splenda packets) - we used Splenda
1 t. cocoa powder
dash vanilla extract, or caramel flavoring (other optional flavors)
1 ½ c. ice
Put all ingredients except ice in blender and blend until sugar is dissolved. Add ice and blend.

No comments: